Pride Men’s Chorus London creates experiences through choral music that promotes community, diversity, inclusivity and excellence. The chorus is open to all men regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. With the goal of combatting stereotypes and perceptions, we challenge the heteronormative worldview by inspiring our audience, the LGBTQ2 community and our broader community through advocacy and music. We celebrate victories won, we mourn lives lost, we find unconditional acceptance, and we celebrate all life in harmony, through our songs.
We will celebrate those who came before us and whose activism was hard fought. United through song, our voices will be freely heard as we fight for a nation and world where diversity is met with tolerance, equality and respect.
The Pride Men’s Chorus London envisions a world where the human voice is lifted up through song in celebration of diversity; where music is valued as a powerful gift and seen as a universal tool to achieve and sustain inclusivity; and where united voices are an instrument of change.
The Pride Men’s Chorus will seek to:
• Continuously improve the artistic and vocal talent of its members.
• Challenge the societal norms or perceptions of its members through understanding of its own diversity.
• Challenge perceptions of the LGBTQ2 community.
• Combat fear, eliminate hatred, and encourage compassion through the timeless fundamental human connection to music.
• Change or enrich the hearts of those whom we meet.
Pride Men’s Chorus London does not have an audition requirement. A private voice determination session will be arranged to determine voice range and background. The choir is open to men of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. A Membership Fee of $100 is charged to cover music purchases and supplies. Membership fees are waived or deferred in cases of financial hardship.
Download .pdf application
Pride Men’s Chorus London is a program operated by The Aeolian. There are a number of ways in which you can support the program. Although financial support is greatly needed, we are also looking for:
- Volunteers including librarians, administrative support, event set-up and fundraising
There are three ways in which you can make a financial contribution to the Pride Men’s Chorus London:
1. Donate Online at www.CanadaHelps.org
2. Send a cheque made out to: El Sistema Aeolian OR Aeolian Hall Musical Arts Association or AHMAA
795 Dundas St. E.
3. Call or visit us in person and make a donation by Credit Card. We accept Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
The Aeolian is a registered Canadian Charity. A tax receipt can be provided for monetary donations or donations in kind which have an official appraisal.
Donations for services can not receive a tax receipt as per CRA regulations.
Supporter logos here
Rent The Aeolian
The Aeolian is a beautiful, unique, award-winning location to host your event.
While particularly renowned for its acoustic/live music presentations, the Aeolian is a versatile facility and can host all sorts of events from weddings and parties to conferences and fundraisers.
Give to Culture
Explore the arts. Support your community. Discover yourself.
The Aeolian relies heavily upon a strong base of community support that benefits many projects and events. All contributions, whether small or large, make a huge difference and will help sustain The Aeolian Musical Arts Association’s mission and future.