Kalle Mattson is a Juno & Polaris Music Prize nominated singer-songwriter based in Canada.
Only Yours is a Toronto-based indie-pop band that effortlessly combine anthemic, melodic choruses with clean, crisp studio tones, late 70s production values and hard-hitting rhythm sections. Led by songwriter, Lowell Sostomi’s defining baritone voice and bitter-sweet emotive lyrics, Only Yours is garnering significant attention for their unparalleled song craftsmanship and seamlessly tight live performances.
– Pirates Blend Priority Act for 2017
– Spring & Summer NA Shows/Tours being booked via UTA
– Sold out headline shows in Toronto -Silver Dollar, The Baby G, The Drake
– Debut single hit over 100K Spotify streams in first 2 weeks, 13.2K Monthly Listeners, 2.3K fans
– Featured on numerous Spotify playlists incl: New Music Friday, New Music Now, TRENDING NOW, HIPSTER RADIO, Indie All Stars Discover Weekly, Release Radar, Indie Radar + more
– Press and Radio support via: Clash, CBC, Indie 88, Exclaim!, Indie Current, + more
– Supporting showsfor The Revivalists, TUNS (Sloan side project), Daywave, BAIO, Wildlife + more
Since releasing her debut album, Here on a Wire, Canadian singer-songwriter Jenny Berkel has been captivating listeners with her evocative songs and voice. Born in the heart of Ontario’s lush forests and fields, Berkel’s music has drawn her from rural Ontario to Winnipeg to Montreal and now, finally, back home. This constant shifting finds its rest in her songs — sharp and introspective, they shimmer with memories and poetic observations.
Berkel’s writing is at once gentle and hard-hitting. Her rich voice ornaments her poetry with melodies that soar high before spilling back down again. Berkel’s recent sophomore album, Pale Moon Kid, was recorded with producer Daniel Romano and released across Canada in April 2016 (Pheromone Recordings) and across Europe in October 2016 (Popup Records). Reviewers praised the album for its poetry, emotive storytelling, and dream-like ability to mesmerize listeners.
She has toured extensively across Canada and Europe, sharing the stage with artists like Jenn Grant, Daniel Romano, Rachel Sermanni, and the Deep Dark Woods.
“A smouldering sound to behold…acutely poetic.” – Exclaim!
“In the same vein as Leonard Cohen and Sandy Denny, she has created a collection of folk songs that are sometimes brittle, at other times pleasantly buzzing, but always sounding unmistakably like Jenny Berkel.” – Rolling Stone Germany