This event has passed
Playing the songs and telling the stories of why they made them who they are today. Payne and Baerg will feature favorites by James Taylor, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Carole King, Billy Joel, Jerry Lee Lewis, Simon & Garfunkel and more!
This performance will be recorded with a live audience. Admission is by donation through the ticketing portal. Advance ticketing is required as limited seating is available and will sell out quickly.
A limited number of guests will be able to attend a post-concert soiree in the Aeolian’s Dundas Street Garden and the Southen Lounge after the performance. Because of capacity limitations, this must be selected at the time of ticketing. Guests will exit the main door of the Aeolian and enter via the garden gate off of Dundas Street.
Alex Baerg is a singer, guitarist, pianist, and performer from London, ON, best known for his work at the Victoria Playhouse in Petrolia. Alex has spent his career paying tribute to the greatest singer songwriters of all time; Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, James Taylor, Neil Young, Carole King, John Denver, and more. Alex brings an intimacy and conversational care to his performances, and sings the songs of these classic artists as though they’re being sung for the first time again. Alex is excited to take the Aeolian’s audiences on a journey through the history of some of the greatest folk music of the 20th century.
Mark Payne is a diverse musician, equally at home on the stage, in the studio, and writing and arranging for a wide variety of different groups and genres. He is currently the resident Musical Director at the Victoria Playhouse Petrolia, where he arranges the music for the entire season, rehearses the casts, and performs in most of the shows. He has also arranged music and performed in the seasonal show “Starbright” for the past 13 years. He co-conducts Primus Amabile Men’s Choir in London, as well as being the senior orchestra conductor for the Forest City String School. Mark has recorded multiple CDs, written original musicals, and has a one-man show, called “I Love A Piano”, which will resume – post COVID – being produced for orchestra pops shows across Canada. Saying he’s excited to be back on stage (and at the Aeolian Hall, no less!) after the COVID layoff, is likely one of the understatements of his life to date.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Welcome back Aeolian Hall patrons! It has been tough, but we are so thrilled to be able to present live music to a live audience once again!
To keep everyone safe when attending our concerts, we are doing the following:
- We are complying the requirements and recommendations from federal, provincial, and local health authorities to enhance the safety of our facility
- In addition, we are requiring that all patrons be double vaccinated before attending a concert, except for patrons who, for medical reasons, are not vaccinated and children 12 years old or younger
- We are requiring that clean well-fitted masks (such as a single use surgical mask) be worn indoors and that the current guidelines of 2 metre (6 feet) safe-distancing be followed
- We have placed hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the building. Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building, and wash your hands after using the restrooms
- Our upgraded HVAC system ensures the air you breath is fresh and filtered
- We thoroughly clean the Hall before concerts and sanitize before, during and after the concerts.
A Fundraiser for El Sistema Aeolianaeolianhall.ca/esa/
EL SISTEMA AEOLIAN IS PART OF A GLOBAL MOVEMENT DESIGNED TO OFFER FREE UNIVERSAL ACCESS TO AN INTENSIVE COLLABORATIVE MUSIC PROGRAM.
There are millions of participants in over 80 countries and the program has spread across Canada quickly. Canadian Provincial and National Associations are forming. Our local program offers five days of instruction to our participants including orchestra, choir and piano lessons. Meals and snacks are also provided. Our participants give approximately 10-20 concerts per year in various settings.