Aeolian Halls’ Rebelheart Collective is a self-conducted music ensemble rooted in democracy through music. With a focus on collaboration, apprenticeship and community engagement, the Rebelheart Collective transforms the traditional concert going experience by providing complementary access to live performances in a socially relaxed setting. At its core, the musicians are highly trained professionals who have chosen to give back to the community, helping to train our next generations of musicians including participants of the ElSistema Aeolian program. The Collective’s repertoire includes classical music, contemporary works, and compositions and arrangements that speak to the Canadian music tradition: many of which celebrate our collectively local and First Nations history.
Respecting musical tradition, the Rebelheart Collective envisions a future with vibrant, innovative and accessible performance at Aeolian Hall and among those unique community spaces that can be uplifted through song. The Rebelheart Collective will be a catalyst for both artistic and social change. While supporting and enhancing both musical performance and education, the Collective will bravely stand up to tradition to ensure that all welcome to the concert hall, wherever the performance shall be. The Rebelheart Collective is for all people and will be a symbol of and a pioneer in providing universal access to high quality music presentation and education. Like the Shakespearean audience, those with the least to give shall have the most to gain.
- Core Musicians are four of Canada’s greatest string players: Scott St .John, Sharon Wei, Tom Wiebe and Erika Raum
Conductor-less promoting more of a team atmosphere
- First Circle is made up of graduate level students from the University of Western Ontario and the Glenn Gould School
- Second Circle is made up of El Sistema Aeolian Participants
- Eight annual concerts including four shorter free programs in community spaces or schools
- Half the tickets for the Aeolian Concerts are free
- Receptions are held at intermission and after the concerts including socializing with the musicians
The Rebelheart Collective is a program operated by The Aeolian.
There are three ways in which you can make a financial contribution to the The Rebelheart Collective:
1. Donate Online at www.CanadaHelps.org
2. Send a cheque made out to: El Sistema Aeolian OR Aeolian Hall Musical Arts Association or AHMAA
795 Dundas St. E.
3. Call or visit us in person and make a donation by Credit Card. We accept Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
The Aeolian is a registered Canadian Charity. A tax receipt can be provided for monetary donations or donations in kind which have an official appraisal.
Donations for services can not receive a tax receipt as per CRA regulations.
(Logos to be supplies)
London Arts Council
City of London
University of Western Ontario
Rent The Aeolian
The Aeolian is a beautiful, unique, award-winning location to host your event.
While particularly renowned for its acoustic/live music presentations, the Aeolian is a versatile facility and can host all sorts of events from weddings and parties to conferences and fundraisers.
Give to Culture
Explore the arts. Support your community. Discover yourself.
The Aeolian relies heavily upon a strong base of community support that benefits many projects and events. All contributions, whether small or large, make a huge difference and will help sustain The Aeolian Musical Arts Association’s mission and future.